Registration & Visa
|Elbrus Expedition [9 days and 8 nights - 7 days of trek]|
DAY 0 [flight]
Take Mineralnye Vody,Russia flight from your preferred destination. Delhi International Airport is recommended to avail better deals.
DAY 1 [hotel]
Arrive at Moscow airport. Overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 2 [Trek: 5 to 7 hours]
Arrive at Mineralnye Vody airport. You will be transported the hotel, drive to the hotel will be around 3 to 3.5 hrs. Overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 3 [Trek: 5 to 7 hours]
Acclimatization hike to Maid's Braids waterfall
(at 2700m) and further on to the observatory
DAY 4 [Trek: 5 to 7 hours]
Taking a ski lift to Mir station (at 3500m) and making an acclimatization hike to an elevation of 4200m. Descent to the hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 5 [Summit day]
Taking a ski lift to the refuge and setting up there. After a snack, making an acclimatization hike to an elevation of 4400m, till the end of the ridge. Overnight stay in the huts.
An acclimatization hike to Pastukhov's Rocks (at 4700m).
DAY 7 [Trek: 3 to 4 hours]
Rest day and Ice crafting, Snow crafting training Final preparations for summiting Elbrus.
DAY 8 [return]
Summiting Mt. Elbrus (5642m), with an early start (at 2-4 AM) and possible use of a Snowcat*. The proportion of guides and clients is strictly 1:3.
Day 9. Reserve day if Day 7 summit attempt fails. Descent to the hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 10. Transfer to the airport at 7 AM.
Probably there will be some time for a walk in Pyatigorsk
Day 11. Spend your own time in Moscow, city visit. Stay overnight in hotel.
Trek Cost per head:
- Hotel, shared double/triple room (by the program)
- Accommodation in the huts (by the program)
- Transfers by the program - buses and lifts
- Meals three times a day. Dinner on the first day, breakfast on the last day.
- All needed permits and registrations
- Guides. Leader guide through the tour and assistant guides on the summit day (1 guide for 3-4 people). Only one summit attempt for guides is included.
- Group equipment (ropes, ice screws, radios)
|Contact us to know the price - 9611102222|
- Air ticket,
- visa fees, visa processing charges,
- Riding snow cat on the summit day
- Single accommodation
- Personal equipment and gears, accessories
- Equipment hire charges. No equipment will be provided by BMC. However BMC can guide/help you to hire equipments on rent.
- Service (guide, cook) in case of additional climbs
- any additional delays due to weather or local situations
Veg and Non Veg European style Food (chicken, Mutton, Egg) will be served during the trek.
We advise you to purchase travel insurance after arranging a trip to cover yourself against any unforeseen circumstances. Basic recommended insurance coverage:
Please see the Equipment section for full recommendations for what you should bring and what is available to rent. Everything we provide is as a guide and you should decide on what's necessary and not.
|Clothing and shoes:
Though Mt Elbrus is a steady climb, it should not be taken lightly.
You should consult your doctor to check you are medically fit to endure
a strenuous activity and able to acclimatize without injury. It is
mandatory that you are physically fit for the trek. Prior hiking to
higher altitudes will be beneficial, not must, for acclimatization
during the actual climb. Please do some cardio exercises like swimming,
jogging, cycling. Walking/running up the stairs with a back pack
improves the Muscles and stamina. BMC will organize some warm up treks
before the Elbrus Climb.
Altitude Sickness, often known as Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) is
particularly an important consideration while trekking in high
altitudes. Altitude Sickness means the effect of altitude on those who
ascend too rapidly above elevations of 3000m. The initial symptoms of
AMS are as follows:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Insomnia / sleeplessness
- Persistent headache
- Dizziness, light headache, confusion
- Disorientation, drunken gait
- Weakness, fatigue, lassitude, heavy legs
- Slight swelling of hands and face
- Breathlessness and breathing irregularly
- Reduced urine output
These symptoms are to be taken very seriously. In case of appearance of any of the above symptoms any further ascend should be reconsidered; otherwise more serious problems may occur which can even cause death sometimes within a few hours. The only cure for the Altitude Sickness is to descend to a lower elevation immediately.
Read more about AMS, HAPE and HACE and Diamox usage from the internet and consult your physician for the same.
We suggest you to meet us at office, understand all nitty-gritty and signup the form. We require copy of following documents:
For any clarification email us at [email protected] or call on 9902027262
BMC Office Address: