Feb – 10:30PM – Car will start from “Bangalore”
12th Feb – Reach Sakleshpur @ 5:00-5:30AM – Morning Break Fast –
Drive till Donigal Railway Station – Trekking till Yedakumeri Railway
Station & Night camp on Railway Station.
13th Feb – From Yedakumeri exit to High way and back to
Backpack (Items to carry) :
Important and Mandatory **
1. A list of medicine to which you are allergic (please carry this in your
2. Contact list of person, telephone no. and address (in case of emergency).
3. Those wearing spectacles please carry an extra pair in strong spectacle
4. People using contacts - carry a bottle of lotion, an extra pair of
5. Emergency whistle.
<- Every one in the troop will carry this.
1. A strong Back-Pack (preferably water proof).
2. Water bottle (enough to carry at least 2 liters of water).
3. An extra pair of socks, under garments, T-Shirt.
4. A water-proof jacket/sweater.
5. Bandanna (keeps the sweat out of the eyes) and/or Wide brimmed hat.
6. Toothbrush & toothpaste, towel, liquid soap.
7. Few old news papers (2 would be fine).
8. A torch with two new batteries and extra bulb.
9. A small pocket knife (if you have a Victorinox -SWISS ARMY knife then
10. One matchbox/ lighter.
11. Some tissue/toilet paper.
12. Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks -
14. Sleeping Bag & Sleeping Mat
15. Plate, Spoon, Tumbrel.
(Common) <- BMC will arrange t his.
1. Insect repellant (ex. Odomos).
2. Basic First Aid & Medicine -
Anti-Dysentery Pills (Eldoper)
Some generic pills (Crocin, Imol, etc)
Anti Cold preparation (COLDACT).
Gauze roll & antiseptic lotion.
3. Garbage bag to collect any litter we may create.
Compass & Terrain Map.
3. Extra food.
4. Book and pen to keep trek-journal entries.
5. A walking staff.
6. Extra laces for your shoes.
will pickup everyone from “Bangalore City Railway Station” gate, this
location is centrally located and easily accessible from any part of
- Everyone will get door drop.
Approximate expenditure for this trek would be Rs. 850.00 per participant
get back to us for any further clarification.
Neeraj : 9880230839 /
Bangalore, 35 km West of Hassan, 128km East of Mangalore
How To Reach:
By Sumo, Tempo Traveler. Board 10:30PM, which would reach Sakleshpur by
Part of 147 km
meter gauge rail track from Sakleshpur to Mangalore (Kankanadi).
Sakaleshpur (starting near Donigal Station) to Yedakumeri Station (20km).
Now there's no
train service in this route. Govt plans to convert it to broad gauge.
from place called Kappalli (near Donigal), abt 5 kms down the road from
Sakleshpur From the Highway, have to cross a paddy field to get to the
meter gauge rail tracks.
Once on the
tracks, after the Highway-bridge over the tracks near Donigal, There are
only 2 access points to the Highway One, 4km trek thru' jeep tracks from
the Base Camp of the workers, just before the First Tunnel which is at
55th km-mark (the trek starts near 48th km.) The Next access to highway is
a 5km trek down the jungle-slopes behind Yedakumeri Station. Have to cross
a shallow river next to the Ghat-highway, with rocky, slippery riverbed.