Himalayan Trek: Miyar Valley
[16th to 23rd August 2009]-
Registration is Open
This trek is organized by Above 14000ft, Manali.
The Miyar Valley is located in the Indian part of the Great Himalaya, stretches for over 100 km, from Udaipur to the Kang La pass. It connect the Lahaul valley of Himachal to the Zanskar region in Ladakh.
The locals - the Tharanga people - are mainly shepherds and farmers. Due to its remoteness the valley sees very few trekkers every year and is a pristine region for trekking and climbing.
• Total No. of days: 8 days
• Trip Type: High Altitude Trekking
• Trip gradient: Moderately Challenging
• High Passes: Rohtang Pass
• Trip Begins: Manali
• Trip Ends: Manali
• Trip start Date: 16th August
• Trip End Date: 23rd August
• Minimum no required to operate the trip: 5 pax
Day 01 16th August: Arrive in Manali.
Day 02 17th August: Manali - Urgus (3200m)
Duration: 7 hours
Day 03 18th August: Urgus - Khanjar (3370m)
Duration: 4 hours
Day 04 19th August: Khanjar - Gompa (3500m)
Duration: 5 hours
Day 05 20th August: Gompa - Thanpattan (3800m)
Duration: 5 hours
Day 06 21st August : Thanpattan - Gompa
Duration: 6 hours
Day 07 22nd
August: Gompa to Urgus and drive to Manali.
Day 08 23rd August: Depart form Manali
Charges: Rs. 24,000 per
[Pay 50% now to confirm the seat and remaining on or before 5th August 2009]
1. Tents, Sleeping bags (Holofill) and Carry mats.
2. Nutritious, high calorie food will be served.
3. Guide, cook and camp helpers.
4. Horses to carry loads on the route.
Participants will only carry their camera, water bottle and trail layers in a day pack.
5. Tent on triple Sharing.
6. All transport to and from the road head.
7. Accommodation in Manali on 16th August and 22nd August in good budget hotels on twin sharing.
Any expenses of personal nature like phone call etc
Food in Manali.
Thing to carry
Backpack- 1 (40 - 50 ltrs)
Day pack - 1
Warm track pants / trousers and shirts
Good walking /hiking shoes
Flash light with extra batteries
Suntan lotion and toiletries
Warm jacket / pullover
Personal medication if any
page, just in case you have to cancel participation.
Important points to be noted before registering
For any clarification email us at team @ bmcindia.org or call on 9611102222.
To confirm your participation please transfer the Trekking registration charges to following account:
Bangalore Mountaineering Club
Bank Account Number
BMC Office Address
No, 69, K. R. Garden, 3rd Main,
Bank colony, Murgeshpalya,
- You can visit above address to swipe the card. OR
Please transfer the Participation fees before you register.
Register for this event now