Trek To Roopkund - 2 Batches in September 2015 - Registration is ON
The Roopkund trek is popular because of the several climbing objectives in this area which include the beautiful trident peak Trishul (7122m) and Ronti (6078m). At a height of 5229m Roopkund is also called Mystery Lake because of the unusual remains of humans and horse bones around it. The route of the Roopkund trek passes through delightful alpine pastures and snowfields and offers magnificent views of peaks such as Trishul, Ronti, Nanda Ghunti, Chaukhamba among others. It is also the same route that’s taken in the famous Raj Jat Yatra that’s held once in 12 years.
|Type||High Altitude Trekking|
|Meeting point||Kathgodham At 07:30am On Day - 1|
|Ending point||Lohajung on day - 8|
Day - 1
Kathgodam to Lohajung
554 m, Distance : 103 Kms, 8-10 Hours
Reporting at Kathgodam Railway Station at around 07:30AM (Your expected to reach at Kathgodam on previous night). We all will meet up there & proceed to Lohajung which is around 105 kms but 7-8 hour drive (We will hire a cab at Kathgodam to drive to Lohajung & the costing will be shared among all the participants). Reach Lohajung, Introduction, Briefing & Overnight stay at camp.
Day - 2 Lohajung To Didina (Altitude: 2550 m, Distance: 12 Kms, 5–6 hour trek )
The sun shines and the Himalaya looks very pretty and the birds are waiting to fly then all the trekkers start their own second day of the trek and in early morning they looks the beauty of the nature and Himalaya and then after all the trekkers starts the breakfast and starts the second day trek Lohajung To Didina Village its approx 8.5 KM from the Lohajung. Didina is the famous viilage for gadwall’s local culture and it’s a beautiful village located under the Himalaya and the altitude of the Didina village is approx 8,200 Ft and the Didina village is just the front of our base camp in this village and totally this village is famous for the home stay as well. After completing the second day of the trek the trekkers enjoy the night in Didina village and keep all the memories.
Day - 3 Didina to Bedni Bhugyal (Altitude: 3354 m, Distance: 10 Kms, 8-9 hour trek)
Acclimatization day at Bedni Bugyal.
On this day, after breakfast we will do a leisurely hike to Ali Bugyal and will return back to Bedni for lunch. Overnight stay at camp will follow.
Day - 4 Bedni To Baguwavasha (Altitude: 3800 m, Distance: 9 km trek, 8-9 hour trek)
The trail starts climbing soon after Bedni Bugyal and goes past more stark vistas. The hot lunch at Baguwavasha is a welcome relief after the trek. If the weather is good and everyone is feeling good and strong then we might make an early attempt on this day. Overnight stay at camp.
Day - 5 Baguwavasa To Roopkund and return back Paatarnachuni (Altitude: 5029 m, Distance: 11 km trek, 10 hour trek)
Trek Baggubasa to Roopkund and back to Paatarnachuni – 5Kms/7Hrs
The climb continues to the lake at Roopkund. While the route on the Roopkund trek will take most of the time, the return is a fairly easy descent.
Day - 6 Paatarnachuni To Gairolipatal - (Distance: 8 km trek, 6-7 hour trek)
Trek from Baggubasa to Bedni Bugyal – 9Kms/4Hrs
Return to the pasture at Bedni Bugyal on the same trail that was taken on the way up. The reason we have a short day planned is because in-case we do not make it to Roopkund on day 4 or 5 we will have time for a third attempt as well as on Day 6 and still get back to Bedni.
Day - 7 Gairoli To Lohajung (Distance: 20 km trek, 5-6 hour trek+ Remaining distance will be covered by vehicle)
Trek from Gairoli to Lohajung – 14 KM/5 Hrs
We retrace the same trail back to Laohajung.
Day - 8 Lohajung To Kathgodam return (Distance: 105 km, 7-8 hour Journey)
Depart from Lohajung to Kathgodam/Rishikesh (7 - 8 Hrs. drive). (We will hire a cab at loahjung to drive to Rishikesh or kathgodam & the costing will be shared among all the participants).
People who want to
stay at Rishikesh can stay on their own cost & others can depart according to
their train/bus/flight timings.
Participation fees: Rs.10500/- per person
- Camping Tents, Kitchen tents, Dining Tent and Sleeping bags (Holofill) and Carry mats.
- Nutritious, high calorie vegetarian food
- Guide, cook and camp helpers.
- Tented accommodation (3 people in each tent)
- Basic First Aid
- Forest Permission Charges
- Cordinator throughout the trek
- Any expenses of personal nature like phone call etc
- Any air/train to reach Delhi and return from Delhi.
- Travel from Delhi to Dehradun.
- Any hotel accommodation
- Horses with horsemen to carry your loads on the route.
- Your Accommodation or any other expenses before or after the trek schedule.
- Extra food apart from mentioned above
- Anything not mentioned above.
- Backpack 35- 40 Liters (You can chose to send it with horse/porter at actual cost)
- Small day pack 20 Liters (you can use this on the trail to carry your trail food, camera, water and trail layers. Ideal to carry only if you are sending bigger bag on horse/porter)
- Small day pack 20 Liters (you can use this on the trail to carry your trail food, camera, water and trail layers.)
- Hiking pants/trousers and shirts
- Good ankle-length hiking shoes
- Flash light with extra batteries
- Sunglasses (mandatory)
- 2 Hiking poles
- Suntan lotion and toiletries
- Camera (optional)
- Water bottle
- Warm jacket/pullover
- Warm gloves
- Warm socks
- Prescribed medication (if any)
- Personal Medication If Any
- Back Pack Cover
Please read important points & Cancellation Policy before you book. For any clarification email us at [email protected] or call on 9611102222
Second Season :