Himalayan Trek to Har Ki Dun - 2 Batches In June 2018 - Registration is ON
Cloaked in mystery, and located at an altitude of 3566m, this almost untouched land is situated in the westernmost part of the Himalayas. A challenge to the adventurers, Har-ki-Dun is supposed to have shared part of its history with the Pandavas.
Har-ki-Dun (Har stands for Hari, or Lord Krishna, the blue-god, and Dun means valley), lies in the westernmost Himalayas of Garhwal, sharing its boundary with eastern Himachal Pradesh, and is dominated by the Swargarohini peak (6096m).
Day 1 : Dehradun To Sankari Drive (210km) (7/8 Hrs) from Dehradun to Sankri/Saur (1850mt)
(Note :Your expected to reach at Dehradun on previous night)
Through the Yamuna and Tons valleys across the Yamuna bridge, Nainbagh, Nowgaon, Purola, Jarmola (Jarmola is one of the biggest and most beautiful pine forests in Asia), Mori and Netwar. Trek to a tiny market in Sankri, a few wooden huts serve simple yet delicious food. Dinner and overnight stay at the GMVN (Garhwal Mangal Vikas Nigam) Hotel Swargarohini .
Day 2: Sankari To Taluka ,(3/4 Hrs) Taluka (1900m)
On an even surface through thick forests, with a few waterfalls on the way. Dinner and overnight stay at the GMVN rest house or the Forest Department's rest house or in tent at the camping.
Day 3 : Taluka To Seema (Cheludgad 12km, (5/6 hrs)
With packed lunch, to Seema (Osla 2559mt). You could either opt for the steep climb of Dhaatmeer village, which is a path with beautiful views, or just trek along the Karmanasha stream. Both the routes meet at Gangaar village. Dinner and overnight stay at the GMVN rest house or in tent.
Day 4 : Seema (Cheludgad) To Harkidun 12km (5/6hrs)
On Har-Ki-Dun(3566mt) mountains, with packed lunch, to Har-ki-Dun on a gradual ascent that offers excellent views of the snow-covered mountains and vast valleys with huge waterfalls. The area is home to a number of rare species of Himalayan birds and flowers, and is full of birch and spruce. After the last steep climb of approximately 200m, you have the grassy field of Har-ki-Dun divided by the clear and calm Karmanasha stream. The beautiful Swargarohini stands tall overlooking this Valley of God. Dinner and overnight stay at the GMVN rest house or the Forest Department'srest house or in tent. .
Day 5 : Harkidun To Seema (Cheludgad) by Trek (5/6hrs)
Eads to the Jaundhar glacier (4000mt). Trek back to Har-ki-Dun and further down to Seema, with packed lunch. Dinner and overnight stay at Seema]. (Cheludgad).
Day 6 : Seema to Taluka By Trek (5/6hrs)
with packed lunch. Dinner and overnight stay at Taluka.
Day 7 : Taluka To Sankari, (3/4hrs)
with packed lunch. Dinner and overnight stay at Sanakri.
Day 8 :
Sankari to Dehradun,
Drive (210km) (7/8 Hrs)
Participation fees: Rs.9,500/- per person
- Camping Tents, Kitchen tents, Dining Tent and Sleeping bags (Holofill) and Carry mats.
- Nutritious, high calorie vegetarian food
- Guide, cook and camp helpers.
- Tented accommodation (3 people in each tent)
- Basic First Aid
- Forest Permission Charges
- Cordinator throughout the trek
- Any expenses of personal nature like phone call etc
- Any air/train to reach Delhi and return from Delhi.
- Travel from Delhi to Dehradun.
- Any hotel accommodation
- Horses with horsemen to carry your loads on the route.
- Your Accommodation or any other expenses before or after the trek schedule.
- Extra food apart from mentioned above
- Anything not mentioned above.
- Backpack 35- 40 Liters (You can chose to send it with horse/porter at actual cost)
- Small day pack 20 Liters (you can use this on the trail to carry your trail food, camera, water and trail layers. Ideal to carry only if you are sending bigger bag on horse/porter)
- Small day pack 20 Liters (you can use this on the trail to carry your trail food, camera, water and trail layers.)
- Hiking pants/trousers and shirts
- Good ankle-length hiking shoes
- Flash light with extra batteries
- Sunglasses (mandatory)
- 2 Hiking poles
- Suntan lotion and toiletries
- Camera (optional)
- Water bottle
- Warm jacket/pullover
- Warm gloves
- Warm socks
- Prescribed medication (if any)
- Personal Medication If Any
- Back Pack Cover
Please read important points & Cancellation Policy before you book. For any clarification email us at [email protected] or call on 9611102222