Himalayan Trek -
Brighu Lake -
[31th August to 5th September 2013]
Registration is Open
Brighu Lake trek is close enough to habitation,
yet in a secluded, lush green dale, the Bhirgu Lake is at an altitude of 4235
metres. It lies east of the Rohtang Pass and is about 6 km from the village of
Gulaba. The shores of this clear water lake are visited regularly by the people
of the area and are held sacred to rishi Brighu.
||High Altitude Trekking
Day 01 - 31st August 2013: The participants arrive in Manali.
Day 02 - 1st September 2013: Manali Rohtang 14 Mod (3250m)
The first day will be spent acclimatizing and visiting Rohtang Pass. On the way
back, you will be dropped at the camp at 14 Mod, the starting point of the trek.
Day 03 - 2nd September 2013: 14 Mod Ravalikoli (3750m)
Duration: 5 hours
On the first day of the trek, the trail ascends gradually and will take you
above the treeline with fabulous views of the entire Manali valley and peaks
like Hanuman Tibba, Makarbeh, Shikharbeh among others.
Day 04 - 3rd September 2013:
Ravalikoli Bhrigu Lake (4235m) Theli (3500m)
Duration: 7 hours
The trail initially gradually ascends before a short steep climb to the lake.
Early in the season, the path also has snow patches. Take time off at the lake
to soak in the 360 degree view. Local customs do not allow for camps to set up
at the lake, so you will descend down to the camp at Tehli, a gaddi campsite
which is almost at treeline.
Day 05 - 4th September 2013: Theli Vashisht (2600m)
Duration: 4 hours
The last day of the trek is a steep descent through pine forests into the
village of Vashisht that is famous for its hot water springs, ideal for a bath
after the trek. Head back to Manali by evening.
Day 06 - 5th September 2013: Manali
This will be your 'Rest day' after your trek. You are free to spend time resting
or sight-seeing in Manali.
NOTE: Your Accommodation or any other expenses will borne by you. We will help
and guide you with your stay in Manali. Alternately, you can also choose to
leave Manali and head home on this day.
Participation fees: Rs.8500/-
Tents, Kitchen tents, Dining Tent and Sleeping bags (Holofill) and Carry mats.
- Nutritious, high calorie vegetarian food (Food cycle starts with breakfast on
1st September 2013 & ends with breakfast on 4th September 2013
- Guide, cook and camp helpers.
- Horses with horsemen to carry loads on the route. (Participant will only have
to carry a small hiking day pack with their water bottle, some trail food and
trail layers. Everything else will
be carried on horses.) There is a 10 kg weight limit for your bags that will
go on Horses.
- Tented accommodation (3 people in each tent)
- Any expenses of personal nature like phone call etc
- Any air/train to reach Delhi and return from Delhi
- Travel from Delhi to Manali.
- Any hotel accommodation
- Your Accommodation or any other expenses on 5th September 2013.
- Extra food apart from mentioned above
- Anything not mentioned above
Thing to carry:
- Backpack 35- 40 Liters (this will go on
the horse. If you want to carry it on your back your welcome)
- Small Day pack 20 Liters (you can use this on the trail to carry your
trail food, camera, water and trail layers.)
- Hiking pants/trousers and shirts
- Good walking/hiking shoes
- Flash light with extra batteries
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Suntan lotion and toiletries
- Camera (optional)
- Water bottle
- Warm jacket/pullover
- Warm gloves
- Warm socks
- Prescribed medication (if any)
The Terms and conditions mentioned below shall apply for the event:
- Maximum efforts are made to ensure
the safety of the participant. However, BMC & their management or
employees will not be responsible for injuries of any nature, mental
or physical, whether caused directly or indirectly due to any
adventure sports or their allied activities.
- Every participant is required to
fill a registration form and indemnity bond prior to the
commencement of the trip.
- Refund and cancellation:
- If you cancel 20 days before the trip begins, BMC will retain 20%
of the trip cost.
- If you cancel 15 days before the trip begins, BMC will retain 50 %
of the trip cost.
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the trip begins, or, are
not present when the trip begins, there will be no refund.
- BMC will take every care to ensure
that itineraries are followed to the letter but circumstances beyond
control may necessitate changes. In case of changes in routes and
properties, BMC will accept no liability but make arrangements for
substitution of equal.
- BMC will accept no liability for
any damage, losses and expenses suffered by any client as a result
of sickness, quarantine, weather conditions, war, strikes, riots or
any other cause outside our control.
- Any damage, other than that
attributable to fair wear and tear, to the equipments by the
participants will be billed to you. Our decision on all such matters
will be final and binding.
Click here to
see various methods of making payment for BMC event registration
Read our Cancellation
just in case you have to cancel participation
Read our Refund
Policy, in case we are forced to cancel this event.
clarification email us at [email protected] or call on 9611102222
BMC Office Address
No. 1651 , 10th Main, HAL 3rd Stage,
Jeevanbhima Nagar , Banglore-560075
Please transfer the
Participation fees before you register
Register for this event now